Saturday, May 1, 2010

World Health Day - Part (2)

Hi Everyone! If you remember my post here on World Health Day celebrations in Salalah, just a quick update on what actually happened. The walk started at Salalah Airport parking lot at 4:30. I wasn't expecting a large number of people, and I was planning on leaving if I couldn't spot any abayas, but ......... yes there were women, children, men, government officials, doctors, nurses, etc, etc. I'd say around 1000 people showed up. It was fun. I ended up walking the whole stretch. It was HOT, but I survived. I dragged my brother along and he almost murdered me for forcing him to expose his beautiful skin to the sun. Oh well. :)

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know about it. How did people find out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see it advertised anywhere, but I know the posters were up at the hospital. And I found a pamphlet under my car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam sis. srry 4 not being active. inshaAllah sis if there is any other walks let me know, i jst love walking @ airport rd n its a grt chance to meet up with others. lihubuAllah. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadia that's gr8... in fact if i was in SLL i would be there but unfortunately i live in MCT... but i think some of my family who live in SLL went, coz they love to participate in such events and they always do....
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadia: You should post such events on your blog so that we can all participate and find a way of meeting sometime:-)
    Anyone for a gettogether party?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, sounds like it was fun. lol about your brother. Mines the same way, but says it makes him itchy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are distinguished girl.

    ReplyDelete