Yes... believe it or not, Salalah is FINALLY getting its own shopping mall (and don't tell me Isteqrar Hypermarket is a mall). Our new mall (the building is almost finished) is located on the main Rabat highway next to Centrepoint. The mall will include the following blessings:
1. Kids' fashion
2. Women's fashion
3. Men's fashion
4. Beauty/Opticals/Watches/Jewellery stores.
5. Arabian Apparels (?)
6. A food court
7. High quality restaurants (Really? In Salalah?)
10. CINEMA (!!!! WOOHOO!!)
11. Bowling centre
12. Kids entertainment
13. Carrefour Hypermarket (yes)
15. Home accessories (will we have Home Centre? I hope so)
16. Believe it or not, Home apartments
17. Underground parking
18. Inner courtyard with trees and grass
19. Lots more.
It's going to be really interesting to see how it turns out. Thank you Kuwait for noticing that Salalah had no mall! (investors are from Kuwait). The building itself is huge and seems to get bigger everyday.
Evidently, some parts of the mall will be open early 2011 and the rest will continue to open up slowly throughout 2011.