(2) Dear Expat wife who is worrying about attending a Dhofari wedding. My advice to you, don't worry! Don't try to blend in or dress up like the Dhofari women. They'll love to have you there and you'll probably end up being one of the wedding's main attractions. Dress nicely in a skirt or dress or something. The dresses at the wedding will be completely over the top, so you don't want to dress in something too plain. If it's at a house, anything will go. If it's at a hotel, dress like you're going to a gala dinner or something. Go for bling and glitter. Elegant yet modest. You'll see everything from Grammy Awards evening gowns to $10000 Dhofari thobes.
(3) Interesting article about Islamic banking in the newspaper today.
(4) What the hell is wrong with Saudi Arabia? Can anyone explain to me why I have to see this in the news this morning? Saudi woman DETAINED for over a week for driving? Do Saudi authorities realize what year we live in? There are so many things about our world that I will never understand.
(5) Please pray for our next door neighbors, Yemen. It's gotten extremely nasty over the past few days and to me it looks like the army have been blindly shooting at protesters at their own version of 'Freedom Square'. We have so much to be thankful for in Oman. So much. Watch this video.
(6) Check out Dan & Jillian's project over in Sohar. It's a good cause. If you can donate, please do.
(7) Read more about Oman's marriage fund project here. (it was one of the demands in the recent protests).
(8) Interesting post on prostitution in Arabia from new blogger The Linoleum Surfer. Definitely worth a read. Don't attack the guy. He's stating facts (whether we like to hear them or not)
Happy Weekend everyone!