HOLIDAY HERE I COME!
(1) I wish you all a happy Eid and I also hope some of you are coming down to Salalah for part of the holiday. It's beautiful. It's been raining everyday for the past week.
(2) I just found an email in my junkmail from a company that works with the Oman Football Association (damn Gmail for bringing junk into my inbox, and real mail into my junkmail ) and I remembered the friendly match between the Omani National Football team and Egypt TONIGHT in Salalah at Al Saada Sports Stadium at 9:30 p.m. Get there early if you want a good seat.
(3) More efforts by Saudi Arabia to pretend women don't exist. Saudi is building a women-only city. What do I think? It's shameful.
(4) It's official. Horizon Fitness is opening up a branch in Salalah in the new HUGE hideous salmon pink/orange building on Al Nahdha Street. This makes me very happy. Now if they'd only open a running track for women......
(5) My favorite Halwa shop (Ahmed Safrar Halwa) opened up a new accessible branch on Al Najah Street. This also makes me very happy because their old branch is deep in the old market area and very hard to access by car.
(6) My thoughts exactly. Except I have to add that I'm not going to miss the insane afternoon drivers.
How are you spending Eid?