How often do you check the blogs that you follow? I check almost everyday. It's kind of depressing, but what to do! I follow 8 blogs regularly. I wonder how often people read my blog? I stole an application from Sting's blog to monitor the number of times people upload my blog. 300 in two days isn't bad, eh?
My weekend was rather dull. I had to bring work home for the weekend (ugh) and spent most of my precious time working. I also *drumroll please* tidied my room (a task I usually dread). I did four solid hours of reading. How can one ever get bored of good fiction? Thank you Amazon.com.
I spent some time in the garden talking to the birds. The flocks of parrots are leaving Salalah for the monsoon (or so I think. I'm not a bird expert). While I was out there, I took a couple of pictures of trees. The flame trees are so beautiful at this time of year. Sadly, they only blossom in May. The rest of the year they're just dry boring trees. During May they burst into flames (literally) and turn red.
I then had to take a picture of a new lemon that has grown on our lemon tree. We rarely get lemons, but in this humid weather, the trees seem to be having a blast.
Finally, to conclude my dull weekend, I drove through town and while stopped at the 23-July-Nahdha street traffic lights, managed to QUICKLY snap this picture of our beautiful new mosque. The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque Salalah is supposed to be inaugurated sometime in June, but we haven't heard anything yet. It's not 'open' yet although it's well-lit during the evenings. Rumor has it that His Majesty is coming down to Salalah to inaugurate the mosque. How wonderful that would be if it's true. Dhofar misses him very very much.
So, basically that's the end of my dull weekend. I need to travel. I seriously need to travel. I'm one of those people who loves airports, suitcases, passports, airplanes, and boarding announcments. I intend to spend the rest of my life travelling and exploring the world. How that is going to happen, I don't know, but I'll give it a try. Yes, I am a Dhofari girl, and it's kinda TABOO to travel alone, but you never know, I may strike a deal with someone and tell him 'I'll marry you if you'll travel with me'.
Travel where, they ask me? Well.... here goes:
(1) India: I want to travel through India (in the North) and visit temples. I also want to visit the Lotus Baha'i temple. An Ashram would be nice.
(2) Austria: this is a must. I want to visit Vienna and eat ravioli and visit anything related to Mozart.
(3) Brazil: Amazon is a must. Actually, I'd like to visit several countries in South America.
(4) PARIS! No, I'm not interested in having my photo taken in front of the Eiffel Tower. I want to explore Paris through the 'back door' (i.e not as a tourist). I also want to spend quality time sitting at small cafes watching people.
(5) Prague! City of intellects.
(6) I want to visit the valley of Angkor in Cambodia. Feasible? YES!
(7) Definitely Egypt.
(8) Northern Lights in Canada!
(9) An Amish community in the US
The list gets longer .....
Do you love travelling? Where would you like to go and why?