Thursday, April 9, 2009

Transvestites in Salalah!

Well I'll be damned! Never thought I'd live to see the day. This is not New York! I remind you, Salalah is a small Muslim town in the middle of nowhere with a population of 120,000. Most women wear face veils, everyone is stuck to their traditions, and yes ... WE ARE CONSERVATIVE and proud of it! Where was I? Oh right, so I walk into Salalah's one and only shopping centre, and yet again witness the gay dudes who run the place. We've gotten used to that over the past year or so, but I was a little concerned about the outfits today. A young Omani guy wearing a skin-tight version of the shop's uniform, in addition to red hair ribbons and matching hair clips, long hair, pink nail polish, lip gloss, makeup, and high heels? I'm not even going to mention posture and body language. I've seen plenty of that in South-East Asia, but Salalah??Transvestites aside, I spent a lovely evening on the beach under the full moon with friends. Love Salalah!

No comments:

Post a Comment