Monday, October 31, 2011

Dust Crisis in Salalah

Right, so instead of the rain we were expecting this week, Salalah has been hit with the worst dust winds I have seen in a long time. There are leaves and branches and thousands of plastic bags blowing around. Our palm trees look like they're going to topple over. People think it's a storm coming.

Anyway, be careful when you're driving through town today and tomorrow. Don't speed because the wind will try to push you off the road. I've seen a couple of accidents already. Also, be careful on the highway. A couple of trees fell down between Rabat Palace & Um Al Ghawarif roundabout. And most of all, if you wear an abaya, stay inside. I 'tried' to go outside and my scarf ended up blowing 'up' and my abaya was blowing all over the place. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment